When choosing an alcoholic drink, the level of sweetness might be one of your top concerns. But it’s unlikely you will find information about how sweet alcohol is on its label, making it challenging to establish your interest.
The most commonly listed feature on an alcoholic drink label is the alcohol by volume (ABV), rarely indicating its sweetness. From the ABV, you can make indirect assumptions about a wine’s sweetness, but it isn’t helpful for learning the sweetness of other beverages containing alcohol.
A drink with less than 10% alcohol concentration will have sweet characteristics. Alcoholic beverages with an ABV of lower than 10% will be on the sweet side.
An 11% to 12% ABV range gives an alcoholic drink a notable residual sugar. Beyond 12%, there are dry characteristics and no perceptible sweetness.
Typically, wines below 10% are sweet, which includes German Riesling and Italian Moscato. However, alcohols such as Pinot Gris have alcohol levels between 10.5% and 12.5%, rendering them a bit sweet. Pinot Noir, Cabernet Sauvignon, Malbec, Sangiovese, Syrah, Grenache, and Zinfandel fall between 12.5% and 15.5% and have no sweet characteristics.
So, which are some of the best sweet alcoholic drinks? Let’s look at a list of some well-known sweet alcoholic beverages you’ll want to try.
Best Sweet Alcoholic Drinks
Are you looking for a sweet alcoholic drink to brighten your mood? Below is a list of the best sweet alcoholic beverages for you.
They’ve stood the test of time and range from fruity and tropical, sweet and sour, and creamy chocolate drinks that will suit all your occasions.
- Piña Colada. Do you know this classic cocktail has been a favorite since the 1950s? It’s become so popular that most bars have it ready anytime for the customers. Regarding sweet alcoholic drinks, the piña colada is top of the list.
- MudSlide. One of the most popular cocktails you don’t want to miss sipping at as you wind down is a mudslide. It’s classic cream. It’s classy and full of intrigue, making it better than a glorified milkshake. And you can freeze and blend it with vanilla ice cable.
- Cosmopolitan. Do you love pink? Cosmopolitan is pink and features a tangy, refreshing flavor. This alcoholic drink is what you need to spice up your next gathering, may it be a drinks party or patio time with colleagues.
- Grasshopper. Are you craving a sweet alcoholic drink? You’ll only need to take one deep creamy chocolate sip to love this drink! This one is a glowing green, rich, creamy, and delightful mint chocolatey drink. It’s everyone’s favorite and will delight you! Its history dates back to 1918! Make yourself a grasshopper in a cocktail shaker at your next dinner and pour it into a martini glass for the all-rounded experience.
- Strawberry Daiquiri. This will brighten your day if you enjoy icy and flavorful drinks. It’s a sweet alcoholic drink that will make your occasions better. Besides being icy and sweet, it’s got a fruity character that makes it legit. Frozen berries make this drink way better than those made from fresh berries.
How to Make Sweet Alcoholic Drinks
The following are tested and approved methods to make your sweet alcoholic drinks.
- Add Some Fruit
If you’re looking for ways to make your alcoholic drink sweeter, adding some fruit is a great choice. Grapes, melons, and apples are excellent choices, but lemon and limes can be great with icy drinks. Buying fruit juice can be more cost-effective for this process.
- Keep it Chilled
Keeping alcohol chilled is one of the best ways to improve its taste. You can invest in a bottle cooler or use ice cubes to keep your alcoholic drinks chilled to attain that sweetness.
- Turn it into a Cocktail
If you’re a fan of tequila and other traditional drinks like soda water, mix them up and attain your favorite drink as a cocktail. You may add orange juice to tequila to make a tasty tequila sunrise cocktail for your evening rest.
- Make Popsicles
Did you know that it’s possible to make alcoholic popsicles? You can collect booze-filled fruit smoothies and freeze them with sticks to obtain alcoholic popsicles. They’re tasty and cost-effective options for picnics and parties.
- Filter it
Filtering removes impurities to improve alcohol levels and give you a sweet flavor. If you’re stuck with cheap vodka and want to make it tastier, get a traditional filter jug to boost its flavor!
If you’re in New York and are looking to unwind at dinner with a sweet alcoholic drink, The White Horse Tavern has got you. We’re one of the oldest bars in NYC, specializing in serving the best sweet alcoholic beverages, beers, spirits, and wines.
Check out our menu for variety.